Saturday 22 September 2012

Circular No 568







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 22 September 2012 No.568
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
A recap on the programming for the 100th.
--------------------------------------------------------
FROM: Nigel Boos
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:01 PM
Gentlemen,
I am forwarding to you a link to the MSBOBS Database, which will from today be stored on my computer within my Dropbox program.
Here it is:                      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1717336/msbobs_database.xls
But don't discard the link. Please store it somewhere on your computer, for ease of later access, should you ever need to check something on the Database.
Now, with this link, you can, in the future, access the current information as I've generated it, on the Old Boys' Database.
As changes, additions, etc. are made to the file, the link will pick them up and report them to whomever else is checking into the file. Anyone wishing to have an addition or modification made to any of the records should have only to email me with the information and I'll input it as soon as I can.
Please let me know if you have any problem/s with opening the link and accessing the Excel-based file.
All the cells coloured in yellow simply indicate that this is new / corrected information which I've gathered since the last issue of the database was sent out.
Have fun.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Hi Ladislao,
I used to study in Mt. St. Benedict from year 67 to year 70.
For some reason I don't remember you, were you attending Abbey School during those years?
Anyway, I am contacting you thanks to our friend Winston Ramsahai, I don't know him personally but he found me as I have in my FB profile Mt. St. Benedict as my secondary school.
I'd be very pleased to get more in contact with you, and of course with my old mates.
Congratulations for the great job you are doing with your blog, sweet memories indeed!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
5 September
Ok Jose,
Please send me your email address so that I may send you the newsletter.
Please indicate where are you living at this time I shall include you in the weekly list.
God bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
5 September
Hi Ladislao!
My email address is DJQchi@gmail.com, and I'm actually living in Margarita Island, Venezuela.
---------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:57 AM
Jose,
It seems that there were at least 2 other boys named "Becerra" who attended school at MSB - Andres Eloy and Manuel (Class of 1974).
If you know any / both of these guys, could you let me have their email addresses as well?
Thank you.
Nigel Boos
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:07 AM
Everyone,
Gabriel has done a tremendous job already, and as he says, he's not even "involved in the association". Now, I'm sure he meant that he's not a member of the Executive, but surely, as an Old Boy of MSB, he is automatically "involved in the association". I see myself in the same boat, by the way.
Gabriel refers to "the official group". Who, may I ask, is on this "official group" and what action/s have they taken to ensure that the 100th Anniversary of the foundation of the Monastery is properly celebrated?
Rather than leave the arrangements, such as they may be, to "uninvolved" members of the Association, it seems reasonable to expect that the Executive should by now be clearly in charge of the celebration arrangements and that a solid plan has been agreed upon.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-10, at 11:46 PM, Faria Gabriel wrote:
Guys,
I am not involved in the association.
I am trying to give this effort a shot in the hand to move it forward but I will not be able to participate on a long term basis due to my job and travel.
I only jumped in because I realized that the time was getting shorter and we needed to do something.
To be very honest the only thing I am personally interested in is ensuring that we recognize Cutty.
Every old boy I have every spoken to always says that he made a significant impact on them.
I have paid personally for the snacks and light refreshments for the two meetings we held at the Club.
After this I will leave it up to the official group to move the projects forward.
I fly out on Wednesday and will not be back until the evening of the 26th.
Regards
Gabriel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 10:54 AM
Dear George,
I do agree with all that is said and done here, we will have to wait and see how it all turns out, I must thank the younger brothers for making a difference, as we know everything takes money, I hear a lot of talk about everything and lots of ideas, then someone ask for a donation and everyone runs the opposite direction.
Even some of the people who asking for donations don't make any, I live in a real world, I don't talk about God, I show my love for God in my actions every day of my life.
I support something I believe in with all my soul.
I only expect those who really care will help, the others are just liming in our area, all we really need is only a few good men,
Gabriel I really was expecting to hear about this when Ladislao was in Trinidad, but we heard nothing then we were expecting to hear more when Joe visited Toronto, we heard nothing, so Gabriel I was shock about the late scramble to do something, well guy what can I say, all I can do is try to support your true brotherly love to save the moment, I certainly respect you a lot for just trying my brother, you have succeeded in book already.
Cheers George thank you for always caring and trying to understand who we are and where we are going.
On behalf of the Club, best regards my brothers,
Glen McKoy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:01:25 -0400
Thanks for your wise words, George.
I believe that Kazim has initiated a process himself, by giving us tools to help us to keep in touch with one another. Now, perhaps, an alternative, perhaps better system has evolved. But Kazim's contribution has been a worthy one, born out of love, affection, devotion to a cause, whatever one wills, and we should all be grateful to him for his effort.
I am not a computer guru myself, but I would sure like to hear a debate between Kaz and Gabriel Faria, who, I believe, has started the Facebook page on our behalf, as to the relative merits of one system over the next.
Kaz - I hope you're getting better and moving about some more, my friend. May God be with you.
Nigel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:13 PM
Hi Kelvin, guys
Wondered where you all disappeared to.
Hope we can count on your involvement for the weekend event coming up.
Don't forget to let me know what donation you are making to Father Cuthbert and the mounts.
The record is US$ 200.00 from a single old boy
Rgds
GF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Sep 19, 2012, at 5:10 PM,
Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello Nigel,
I remember Kelvin Khan well and also Jose Antonio Henriquez, very good brother from the mount, a few years older than me, good to read same will notify other who know Kelvin,
Welcome home mi amigos,
Cheers Glen McKoy, Nova Scotia, Canada.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:09:38 -0400
Thanks, Kelvin.
I appreciate your help. If you have a recent photograph of yourself, would you mind sending me a copy?
Nigel
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-19, at 1:59 PM, Kelvin Khan wrote:
Hello Nigel,
I came to the Abbey in September 1966 into Mr Mark's prep class and left in July 70 at the end of Form 3.
My home address is 162 Epsom Road, Goodwood Park, Westmoorings North,Trinidad.
Home phone 637 1395, cell 680 2847.
Kelvin Khan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-19, at 12:29 PM,
Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca> wrote:
Gentlemen,
We're doing our best to try to find you all, wherever in the world you're hiding, and having done that, to then gather some data about each of you, for the edification of your friends from your MSB days.
But it's really hard!
And. Nerve-wrackingly. . . . . . . . Slow ! . . . . . . !
So, I'm asking for your help, please.
Would each of you please drop me a line and let me know
(a) the year in which you first attended school at MSB
(b) the year in which you left the Abbey School, whether or not you graduated from Form 5.
(c) your address and telephone number (Home and Cell)
(d) It would also be very nice to obtain a more-or-less recent picture of you, but this should be regarded as secondary in importance to (a) and (b).
Please see what you can do to help me.
Thank you very much.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
Photos:
12LK6252MSBEDI, photo MSB
12LK6358GMA, Gary Mathews and UNKNOWN
12LK6363JBEHHE, Joseph Berment and Hugh Henderson
58RB00033b12FIL, Fr. Ildefons first aid





1 comment:

  1. No 568. The unknown person talking to Gary Mathews is none other than Jeremy de Barry.
    Don

    ReplyDelete