Saturday 22 September 2012

Circular No 567.1







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 22 September 2012 No.567 extra
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
FROM: James Samaroo
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:08 PM
GOOD day gentlemen,
I Jimmy Samaroo, pledge, donate a $1000.00TTD to Fr Cutty..
I will give a check to Joseph Berment..Have a GREAT day guys,
God Bless...James.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Faria Gabriel <gabefaria@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2012 6:01 PM
Glen,
I am glad you took the first step.
I will followup with my donation for a gift for Father Cuthbert of US$ 150.00
We will arrange a paypal account where the money can be sent to.
Let’s get this effort rolling guys
Gabriel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2012 5:44 PM
Subject: RE: I donate us$100.00 support our local brothers cheers Glen.
Dear Gabriel,
Thank you for your email, I am so happy to read about the meeting. I would like to donate US$100.00 for the event.
I am very sorry that I am unable to attend as my holidays was already booked, I was unable to get that time off for the celebration.
Please advise me where to send my donation.
I am sending out my best regards to you Gabriel,
Jimmy, Joe and Winston.
A true dedication of your commitment to our entire alumni.
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:00 PM
'Boys' I wish you all success with fundraising. I am very sorry I cannot attend personally, although this was my ardent wish to be there to help organize and celebrate with you all.
However, due to my recent stroke and my ongoing rehabilitation and medical expenses, I regret to say I cannot contribute financially, as much as I would love to.
I continue to support all your hard-working efforts for our 100th Anniversary Mount Celebrations and Reunion.
May God bless and prosper our plans and events.......
Kazim
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 15:27:17 -0700
Great this is the momentum we need let’s do this for Cutty today and let him know how the Old Boys feel about him.
We are at US$ 400.00 already.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "nchacha57@aol.com" nchacha57@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2012 6:18 PM
Gabe,
I will match your $150.00US...
Neil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Hudson McKoy 13 September 01:00
Hi Gabriel, I would like to donate $50 to Fr Cuthbert's cause, can you send me the disbursement information please..
tks Hudson...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Monday, September 10, 2012 6:01 PM
Joe,
This is a praiseworthy idea and effort on your part and on the part of others who are able to similarly pledge. I must bow out, however, as I am unable at this point to help with a similar contribution. My prayers and good wishes go to Fr. Cuthbert on the 50th Anniversary of his profession.
May I, at the same time, request that the Articles of Association of our Association be forwarded to me, and also, to all the other Old Boys of the Abbey School for whom we have email addresses?
Thank you in advance.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-10, at 10:01 AM, Joseph Berment-McDowald wrote:
Dear Brothers,
Please join me as I pledge $150 USD towards a gift for Fr. Cuthbert Van de Sande (intended as a return business class air ticket to Holland, with spending money) and tokens of appreciation otherwise for the other monks - - this100 th anniversary of the monastery is also the 50th anniversary of his monastic profession.
AND
In authorising the ASAA to use any surplus as they see fit, but only for the purposes for which the association has been established, as described in its articles of association.
The suggested minimum donation is $50 USD or $325 TTD. UD dollar donors should contact Gabriel Faria. TT dollar donors should make your pledge by returning a copy of this e-mail indicating the amount of you pledge and/or posting it on the Facebook page. You can mail your cheque to P.O. Box 3387 Maraval, Trinidad, W.I.
Sincerely,
Joe
--- On Sat, 9/8/12, ---------------------------------------------------.
Faria Gabriel <gabefaria@yahoo.com>
Saturday, September 8, 2012, 6:54 PM
Jimmy Samaroo told me we could do it based on his discussions with him but let’s get Joe into the discussion and find out.
As far as I am concerned we are sending him to see his family in Holland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2012 6:46 PM
Do you know if Cutty is allowed to accept such a gift?
Years ago I tried giving Rughead a gift but he couldn't freely accept it.
Terrence
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Joe [mailto:bermentmcdowald@yahoo.com]
Sent: 11 September 2012 00:46
Gentlemen,
This is a draft response to Nigel's letter below. I would appreciate knowing if my response offends the sentiments of anyone.
Sincerely,
Joe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nigel,
Thank you for your warm words of support. By copy of this email I am asking Dennis Gurley a director, whose offices are the company's registered offices and who prepared the formation documents and keeps the registration current, if he would act on your request, at his convenience, on the condition that it will be for your sole and exclusive use and not circulated otherwise.
Nigel, it cost X000 of dollars to register the company from money raised by sheer dint of the tenacity of a small minority and a generous discount from Dennis. I hope that this request for a copy of the legal documents comes with a commitment for you to pay your share.
It would be helpful if you could use your influence, to have the brothers consistently contribute a small monthly sum towards the association's work, without any expectation that it [the association] can implement all of the wishes of individual alumni, without sufficient consensus or momentum or that a few people could undertake several projects at one time or over a short period of time.
Some behave as spoilers when they don't get their own way and are demanding and overbearing in their haranguing insistence and continual references to their own pet project(s) (which do not necessarily have association's support but yet can go forward as individual initiatives, which are always welcome) in the past, the present and in the future.
There are others who refuse to support or participate when the association is unable to accommodate their personal wishes but who yet always seem to require that we do something or the other .
In 2008 many (possibly including even yourself) demanded that we incorporate a legal entity as a condition of gaining their financial support: which we did. Since then we haven't received a red cent, from those so minded: nonetheless I am always fending off approaches from those with designs on whatever surplus which we have been able to accumulate.
This is a voluntary effort and the use of legalisms like constitutions to demand some more exact compliance, is an additional burden which will be certain to result in me and others feeling that the demands of service are too onerous.
I am concerned about the chatter that circulating such a document at this time could contribute, and believe that the time may be right (as you raise the issue) for the association to recover the market cost of incorporation and the yearly upkeep.
I can't see what use the articles of association will be to those who are not even interested enough to contribute financially to its creation or the organization’s continuance.
Sincerely,
Joe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Michael Howard <msh@tstt.net.tt>
To: Laci Kertesz <kertesz14@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:59 AM
Yes to the Mass on the 6th Oct.
Mike Howard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Monday, September 3, 2012 12:06 PM
Victor is the brother of Raphael. Victor lives in New Jersey, met him at his home last Christmas. And that is a photograph of him and his wife.
Gerald Cho Kong is correct, will have to call him first and let you know.
Take care.....Kaz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca> wrote:
Kaz,
A few questions:
1. Do you know whether Victor Michael How Chung was the brother of Raphael Benedict How Chung (Class of 66)?
2. Where does Victor live today?
Is this a photograph of him?
3. Re. Gerald Kong - was his nickname "Cho" or is his family name "Cho Kong"??
4. Are you saying that Gerald lives in Canada? In Ontario perhaps? Can you give me any contact info for him?
You are a mine of information.
Hope you're still improving, day by day. . . .
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-02, at 7:50 PM, kazim abasali wrote:
Nigel, how are you my friend? Above is the Facebook page link of Victor Michael How Chung
He is a Mount Boy. I know him personally. From Arima family businesses many years ago- Chung's Restaurant, well known.
Not sure if he wants to share on the Mount database his info. Anyhow, I joined him on the Mount Facebook group. Your can send him a message on Facebook inbox to find out.
Another friend of his and mine is Gerald (Cho) Kong, another Mount Boy. From Arima again, family owned laundry. I was supposed to meet him when I planned to visit you and the other boys for the reunion in June in Toronto. Then I got the stroke. He, however, is a very private person, and would not be interested at this time, if at all.
Lastly, I shared I would like to promote or advertise for free your wife's cake business. Let me know your thoughts. Will update the boys on my progress soon.
Regards, Kaz
PS. Can you send me the latest database, was slow in getting it last time with my health situation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
Photos:
12LK6331UNIONTWR
12UN0001MHOWFE Victor Michael How Chung and wife.
Swimming unknowns by WK
11UN0001AAMFAM, Antonio Aman and Family




No comments:

Post a Comment