Saturday 1 September 2012

Circular No 565







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 1 September 2012 No.565
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Meeting/Lime on the 24th August 5 pm at the Trinidad Union Club.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:06 AM
This is our group address on Facebook, please join so you can get live updates and info on events and live chat with other old boys.
Guys,
We are having a meeting and lime at the Trinidad Union Club on Friday 24th August starting at 5pm to discuss ideas on what activities we should do for the weekend.
We hope most of the local group can join us.
Its private members club so need your reply by tomorrow to put your name at the door.
There will be a cash bar and snacks available for purchase.
Look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Gabriel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Now listen to another calypso sent in by the BANDIT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fw: TORONTO MINI-REUNION
From: Cornel de Freitas
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:58 AM
Hello Freddy,
Does this mean you ARE now in Toronto?
You neglected to mention what part of Toronto,
I guess I could call your daughter Alicia and find out the complete address.
Thanks for letting know.
Cornel. ...
P.S. : Did you receive the news from Nigel Boos, that Wayne Henderson passed away last night?
-----------------------------------------------------------------,
From: andresfreytez@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:40:03 -0430
Good day brothers,
My address in Toronto is : 19 Baroness Cr. , M2J 3K4
Daughter Alicia´s Ph. Nbr. : 416 2090113
Son in Law Luis´ Ph. Nbr. : 416 5516099
Cheers!!
Freddy
Pax in Virtute. O.S.B.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------,
From: A Mickiewicz
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:41 PM
The 4th it is. Around what time do we plan to get together? Please send me the address and telephone number of Rotilicious.
See y’all next week God willing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Cornel de Freitas
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:06 PM
Dear Nigel,
It is indeed great news.... I am so looking forward to this - the Roti I mean ...no just kidding!!
My goodness, there couldn’t be a place more worthy or inviting than "Rotilicious".
Kind of 'Special' in a way, since we've met there a number of times, and it feels right.
I have been in communication with those guys back and forth, and then the message from "Freddy" and "Shish" (why the name 'Shish'?)
I don't remember hearing it before ??
I guess you are referring to 'George'? How on earth did he acquire that nickname?
What period did he attend The Abbey School?
Really good news to hear that Wayne was released from the hospital; we must continue praying for him.
As Usual - - - thank you again for you kind labours on our behalf.
I recall and truly hope that Mr. Glen McKoy makes it,
I've been waiting to meet this guy that I talk to on the phone from time to time, and so enjoy his stories.
(You hear that, Sir Glen of the "Quill" !!! ) [Ha Ha Ha but I think it's befitting]
All the best to you guys,
By the way, what's Salvador Coscarart up to these days?
Cornel ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:13:44 -0400
Cornel,
We should be quite excited about the news that Shish and Freddy are due to arrive into Toronto during the first week of May, and it would be nice to try to get together during their visit.
As I understand it, Shish will be here between May 1-5, and Freddy will be arriving on May 3rd. In other words, May 4th is THE ONLY DAY on which we can reasonably get together. Please let me know what your plans are, to get together for a roti and Carib, and I'll be more than happy to meet with you. I'm sure that there are roti shops all over the GTA and you'll only have to select one.
I believe that Glen McKoy had indicated his willingness to come to a get together, so it is possible that he might attend as well. I'm therefore copying him on this email too.
Looking forward to the evening.
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------,
From: "A Mickiewicz" <amickiew@att.net>
Date: 24 April, 2012 8:26:14 AM EDT
Hi Cornel......
Good to hear from you. You can see me in the 1962 graduating class photograph; I do not have one of my own from that era. We did indeed cross paths as I attended MSB from 1956 to 1962; Freddy Freytes was there too.....Looking forward to the get together, George (Yury, Shish)
----------------------------------------------------------------------,
From: Cornel de Freitas
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 11:37 PM
Hi George,
So very Great to hear from you.
I don't know if you are aware, or if you have heard, but Andres (Freddy) Freytes will be coming up to Toronto around the same time, I believe he was in my class.
It is always exciting hearing from a Mount 'Old Boy' , even better if you get to meet them in person.
That you will be up here in Toronto from May 1st; to May 5th.
Will be a terrific opportunity to meet you.
If you have a sec. could you let me know when you attended The Abbey School?
Have you had a chance to contact Nigel Boos. He lives in Ajax, just 45mins. outside of Toronto.
That is where the little restaurant called "Rotiliscious" is located, where we have enjoyed the great company of those that some of our brothers that visited, and enjoyed a nice Roti and Carib together.
If you have any pictures of your time at The Abbey School,
It would provide a great chance to reminisce.
Looking forward to the opportunity to meet you,
Sincerely,
Cornel....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: amickiew@att.net
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:41:01 -0500
Hi Nigel et al;
Been asked to go to Toronto next week on a consulting trip.
Will actually be in Mississauga.
I will be arriving on May 1st and departing on May 5th.
Please keep me posted of any get together for those days that I will be there.
I can feel the Holy Spirit stirring things up for a mini-multinational “ole boys” Canadian reunion,
George
--------------------------------------------------------------------------,
From: andres federico freytez borges
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 3:06 PM
Wow ...Don´t pass me by!!!
I´ll arrive in Toronto on May 3rd...just next week...will phone Nigel asap!!!!
Andres (Freddy) Freites
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: starrsu
Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:52 PM
Dear Mr. Kertesz,
My cousin, Peter Tarr, was an alumni, between 1945 and 1955.
I have lost all contact with the Tarr family, and now live in the US.
Do you have any record of what happened to Peter and his family.
I do not know if he still lives in Trinidad.
I do remember he married a Miss Trinidad, and brought her over to England to meet us.
It would be wonderful if you have a contact for him, or any further suggestions or names of friends who may know where he is.
Sincerely,
Sandra Tarr
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: nigelboos@yahoo.ca
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:01:25 -0400>
Thanks for your wise words, George
I believe that Kazim has initiated a process himself, by giving us tools to help us to keep in touch with one another.
Now, perhaps, an alternative, perhaps better system has evolved.
But Kazim's contribution has been a worthy one, born out of love, affection, devotion to a cause, whatever one wills, and we should all be grateful to him for his effort.
I am not a computer guru myself, but I would sure like to hear a debate between Kaz and Gabriel Faria, who, I believe, has started the Facebook page on our behalf, as to the relative merits of one system over the next.
Kaz - I hope you're getting better and moving about some more, my friend. May God be with you.
Nigel
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-08-22, at 7:06 AM, A Mickiewicz wrote:
Hi Glen
Among the alumni there might be resentment around the current approach:
“Why is he being recognized and not me or so and so?”.
Not sure what has the response been by the alumni to the ones issued to date.
He offered to create one for me in the future but I refused as I am uncomfortable with that type of stuff.
Just some personal thoughts, my brother,
God bless
George
> ------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:00 PM
Dear George,
This is my brother's wife; my ex is a much nicer gal, ha! ha!
Yes my brother Hudson is more in contact with the guys in Trinidad, I think he is kind of oppose to the Club, he questioned me on if everyone in the Alumni is in the Club, I said no, he did not like my answer, however he means well, he and Gabriel are in contact.
We are different in many ways, ha! ha!.
Now Nigel is like me I think and he is also keeping quiet.
Now Ladislao, I don't know what took place at the meeting in Trinidad and he has also been very quiet since, I am lost and a bit confused.
Happy and wonderful life is so beautiful, sometime yuh just gotta laugh eh! man,
Cheers guys just letting out some steam, I cannot keep this stuff to myself, just had to share,
Later glen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
Photos:
12LK6327UNIONTWR,
12LK6232FGR, Fr. Hilderbrand Greene
12WK0001WKE, Winston Kerry
12RS0001RSO, Juan Sojo




No comments:

Post a Comment