Saturday 24 November 2012

Circular No 577







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 24 November 2012 No. 577
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is the Traffic Report for the Blog site run by Don Mitchell.
Please do not forget to write me your comments that you leave at Don´s site as I do not check these.
Don sometimes sends me the comments but not regularly.
Also remember that if you are one of the UNKNOWNS in the photos, you must let me know, as I would like to make the corrections. Remember to use the code number or file number so that I may find the photo in my archives.
In the December issues I shall be sending out your good wish cards and Christmas Holiday Greetings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ladislao,
The 2011 Circulars are still averaging about 3 visits per day.
Abbey School, Mt St Benedict, 2011 Circulars
Site Summary ---
Visits Total ................. 4,296
Average per Day .................. 3
Average Visit Length .......... 4:20
This Week ....................... 23
Page Views ---
Total ........................ 8,072
Average per Day ................. 13
Average per Visit .............. 4.1
This Week ....................... 94
The 2012 Circulars don’t seem to send me a weekly report. But, I have the total visits this year to be: 4,165.
That’s nearly as many visits as the 2011 Circulars got in two years!
Keep well.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: anthony ali
Monday, March 19, 2012 9:47 PM
Hello,
Hope these attachments go through this time, and thank you for being patient.
Anthony Mark Ali, EMT/P,FF,RM,EMS/AHA Instructor.
954-306-1188
868-350-2208
868-794-8406
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:49 AM
Dear Anthony
I am preparing some new Circulars as I am a bit behind the dates.
I see that I missed reading this one, but no worry, it shall be in No. 538
Just our of curiosity, have you sent in your Curriculum vitae??
God bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "anthonyali44@yahoo.com" anthonyali44@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 2:50 PM
Hey, Laszlo, merry Christmas to you and your family.
What is and where do I find circular No. 526
God bless and be safe.
I will send you my resume/CV in a couple days. I attached a picture of me, hope it helps.
Anthony.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:14:50 -0800 (PST)
Dear Anthony,
You should look up your article in Circular No. 526
Do you have a photo??
Can you send me your curriculum vitae for your friends
God bless and Merry Xmas
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:38:39 +0000 (GMT)
From: "Andrés Freites"
Dear Lad,
Please receive the best wishes for this year on behalf of my family and on mine own!!!!
Gabriel sent me a mobile message on the 31st ...my birthday....for the new Year´s greeting...will contact him re our visit to Rascapelo´s ...
On the 30th morning , upon arriving in my office , I discovered that I had had a visit from the burglars...... I lost my CPU together with its appliances as well as two brand new printers.....no insurance (casa de herrero cuchillo de palo) and didn´t have the feeling for calling the police.... I had to beg all day long for the smith to come over to repair the window grating...at long last I managed to leave the office for home..
Will keep you posted.
Andres (Freddy) Freytes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
lazslo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Andres
What ever happened to Gabriel?? and our visit to Frank??
Next week?
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Andrés Freites <andresfreytez2005@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Ladislao,
I very well remember Wayne O´Connor due to his swimming spree...........
I remember that during either the 1960 or 61 Regatta at the Abbey, I made the same time as him in the 25 yds free style competition...
Wayne congratulated me and I felt very proud of my success...We both competed for St. Lawrence ....from that date on I took swimming as my favourite sport and in a very serious fashion.
Can you imagine ? There I was !!!... doing the same time as Wayne.. the renowned swimming champ? Up to that date the only sprint training I had had was playing the game "Alligators come across" at Mount´s swimming pool..
Surely Wayne was unbeatable at Butterfly Stroke.
I also recall that the Abbey´s swimming trainer at that time was a guy called Mr. Hoffman
Could you please send me Wayne´s e-mail address???
Regards,
Andrés (FREDDY) Freytes
1959-60-61
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:12:51 +0000 (GMT)
Dear Ladislao,
Searching in my mother´s old chest I found the attached papers which I think might be of interest to the Old Boys.
Before detailing the attachment I would like to inform you that my dear mother passed away two years ago at the ripe age of 93 and would like to extend myself a bit on her because she had Trini roots ( her mother was born in Port of Spain ) and had or still has relatives in the island.
This being the reason of my childhood yearly travels to Trinidad and eventual attendance to the Abbey School.
Some of the family names that I recall are (being either her extended family or friends)
Tardieux (lived in Victoria Ave. just across from the tennis courts and the Breton Hall Hotel) the house is actually the headquarters of a political party-
Fifina Blonval who was married to Tardieux was my mother´s first degree cousin.
She was also Father ex Abbott Alleyne´s grandmother.
The Blonval sisters who lived in a less exclusive area (Quarry Street ) Celina and Cecilia were also my mother´s cousins.
Sister Dominga was also a cousin, she was a cloistered nun in a POS convent or chapel I do not recall well enough its location in POS although I visited her many times during my early childhood.
The Baynes and Bayne Monceauxs, these last at 33 Cascade Road and Nigel, Richard and beautiful Heather Ann Theresa Monica Bayne.
Sons and daughter of Monica Monceaux who also happened to have a house in Gasparee Island.
The Mahons; my older sister Marytza and Gavin Mahon were very close friends.
I recall the Mahon’s home which had an escape exit through the boys´ room upstairs - we used a tree down to the side yard with nobody of the seniors noticing our escapes - or so we thought .
MAYBE AN OLD BOY COULD POSSIBLY LET ME GET IN TOUCH WITH A MEMBER OF THE FAMILIES MENTIONED.
Regarding the attachment you will find included the following papers:
1) The 1961 third term movie schedule showing all the motion pictures displayed during that period.
2) The 25th Oct. 1961 Form I Science Test questions.
3) Religious Knowledge Sep .12th 1961 Class handwritten notes. Class was delivered by Father Peter. Already of a quite old age by that date.
4) David Bratt´s and Paul (?) Stein´s address sketch of their homes in Las Mercedes, Caracas.
I used this sketch to guide my way to their homes when in Caracas for holidays from Mount.
David still recalls the fabulous parties held at his home dancing to the sound of Paul Anka.
His sisters Carol and Judith (the last whom I cared very much for) and my younger sister Martha (whom I think David also cared very much for) also attended such gatherings.
Some friends from the Colegio Americano were always invited by the Bratt´s.
Regarding Stein have never heard of again.
5) A nazi drawing with which I used to tease "Nazi" - the man from Tunapuy.
There are other items from Mount which I intend to search for and deliver to you in a next opportunity.
Best regards,
Andrés ( Freddy ) Freytes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Andrés Freites andresfreytez2005@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Wednesday, 29 October, 2008 12:52:17
LAD,
GOLD 25 MTS. BUTTERFLY STROKE SPTEMBER. SORRY FOR BRIAN GODDARD.
ANDRES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From Paul Zeven
Dear All,
Plse note that I have changed my email address per May 2011 to
Plse change in your files. I only use the gmail address on irregular basis, mostly as "read only".
Gabriel, I missed the whole conversation on the donations for the gift for Father Cuthbert.
I would still like to donate Euro 100 (which is about US$ 125) for this purpose - how should I proceed?
Can someone give me the email address of Father Cuthbert - I will try to see if I can meet up with him in Holland (I live in France and some of you may remember that I am also Dutch, like Father Cuthbert).
I also saw a conversation about a reunion in Trinidad in 2014 - I may try to make that.
All the best
Paul Zeven
(1959-1964)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
11AA0001AAN, Ali Anthony
598993LK12FACEBOOK, Reunion with Angel Gomez
10AF0001AFR, Andres Freytez and the Gold
12LK6352BBQ, Dennis Gurley and John Abraham




No comments:

Post a Comment