Saturday 3 November 2012

Circular No 574







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 3 November 2012 No. 574
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
MY HUMBLE OPINION, ON FACEBOOK
There has been some informal talk on the membership status in the new Facebook page created before and for the 100th anniversary celebrations.
I would like to review this topic, because although I am in Facebook, it is because my children have placed me there. I have never used the site and do not know how to use it,
So even with the fabulous possibilities that it offers, it can only be as good as the user.
Gabriel Faria who set up the Facebook page, know his business, but those who are not in the routine, usually stay away, for one reason or other.
So I suggest that first, rules be set up to avoid the mess that usually one sees when opening the Facebook page (my way of looking at the page)
I feel and I suggest that the Facebook page should have various openings that is:
There should be a place where only old boys appear, no friends of the friends, girlfriends, loved ones, invitees and so on.
There should be a place for these too but somewhere outside of the main window or what you call it.
I can think of many other things but it is important that somewhere only oldboys appear, just as a roster where you could look up your classmate and his status, basic information and a place for a photo and a link to this oldboy`s personal page.
This stage must be managed by the administrator of the page. (I see something forming but there are photos of non Mount old boys)
In his private Facebook page the oldboy can create havoc if he wants to, including his private Mount album, etc. thus anyone can go to his album if this oldboy wants to load up his photos.
The rest, I really do not care for now how it is managed; maybe some savvy person can give us user instructions.
The simplicity should be the main objective, I may think that a place of events could be developed, each even with a new tab, and not like it is now, to take care of each important event to take place in future dates, this with access by all to comment and add information.
Any other activity should be linked to that activity and thus leave the page uncluttered, and simple.
Just as an example of the simplicity and need to improve the listing that I have,
I want to know who were my classmates (1960) From V graduating class. Can anyone explain on how can I find it in the Facebook page???
Can I have a link to my classmates page (21 old boys in my class, I believe) so that I may send them a message????, look at his latest photo??, and latest information that he might have for public use. I am sure that there are oldboys that have pages and we do not know of its existence.
Ok this is work, for sure, but if the table is set up the right way, the future is bright.
ON MINUTES OF THE ASSOCIATION
Half a year has passed since the minutes were first written, during Don Mitchell and my visit to Trinidad. Who can tell me what has been done on the results of the paragraphs redacted.
No report has been issued by the different “men in charge”, I presume that all issues that were to be resolved have been implemented and no problem encountered.
I say I presume because the bulletin board of news that was to appear in the Minutes has not been forthcoming, just a failed promise or a broken knife.
I have news that oldboys have travelled to Trinidad and could not make contact with other old boys??, I remember that this was to have been solved (it was my collaboration to the Minutes)
At least I am glad that the Association was a weight in the good outcome of the 100th Celebration.
That the promised gifts where delivered and the recipients happy.
Good work, ASAA, I am sorry to admit that my participation was small if any.
Well lets us go back to the Circulars objective, I hope that there is a link to Don´s Blog in the Facebook.
The association was promulgated as a service institution to work for the Alumni, thus activities is its main premise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:33:53 +0000
Hola, El Ambassador El Salvador & our hermano y amigo Giacomo,
Excellent find, Giacomo has not changed much and looks good, it must be over 35yrs since we last saw each other.
Great island to live on man, will have to put this one on our list of special places for the future reunions of Knights.
Oh Yeah, Coscarart mi hermano, we do have our dear Knight Clive Bettencourt in Spain, he will have to tell you where he is, as he seems to be all over the world like yourself at times.
Hola Mi Amigo Luciano,
Good luck in the US Nationals shooting event in Frostprof, will pass this email along, hope you can hook up with some brothers if possible, brothers in this area please contact Luciano take care mi amigos.
Cheers Glen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Re: MINI -ABBEY SCHOOL REUNION IN MALLORCA SPAIN.
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:06:25 +0000
Hi Bro!
Will be arriving Miami July 26 till July 29 and will be back again Sept 12 and staying till Sept 18 going to participate US Nationals shooting event in Frostprof 30 min away from Orlando.
We will keep in touch God Bless you all.
Take care Mellone Luciano
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:56:13 -0400
Well done, Salvador. It's wonderful that you were able to find Giacomo, and thanks for keeping us informed and for sending some great photographs.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Nigel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: salvador coscarart <coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com>
Date: 19 July, 2012 1:45:55 PM EDT
Well, the reunion went fantastic.
Our brother Giacomo is doing great, looks great and still cooks a very good pizza.
If you need and experience boat and yacht captain. Call giacomo.
Mallorca is a very beautiful island in the Mediterranean sea. So come visit with Giacomo.
I'll keep you posted on my travels if there is any other abbey boys in Spain let me know so I can go visit, jejejejej.
Is fun to find our brothers from the abbey.
God bless to all. Later.
Salvador
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:51:53 +0000
My dear big brother Cornel,
I first must thank you for your inspiration and kind words.
I too would like to meet sooner than later ha! ha! I have to go to Toronto, my mother is there and sister, another brother, cousins, and many of my old mates from the mount, so I have to come.
I am looking forward to that Roti my friend, thank you,
God Bless you my friend,
Best regards Glen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: corneldefreitas@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:46:28 -0400
Greetings Brother "Ambassador",
my good Brother and dear friend Salvador, 'Distinguished Ambassador Knight, Of the Knights of White Stones.
It is Sooo good to hear from you and that there was another "Mini Reunion" of my brothers of The Abbey School.
You maintain the flow of love through he hearts of all of us, 'Brothers' of that wonderful place that nurtured us into such a Special Brotherhood, where the bonds of friendship and Love is infinite.
I am proud to be a Mount Old Boy and even prouder to be able to call the likes of you and Glen and Nigel and Ladislao and the rest 'Brothers.'
I am however just a little jealous not to have tasted what is in that pot in one of the pictures you sent.
You are a good man Salvador, and you Glen, kind of you to keep us in the circle.
Mr. Knight Ambassador, Michael an I with a friend of ours made small detour on a trip to Oshawa to stop at "our little restaurant" called "Rotilicious" in Ajax, and the Roti is still very "D'Licious" and the "Carib" nicely chilled and the taste takes you back and conjures up memories of Trinidad and great times.
But we missed your presence . ...Are you listening Mr Glen McKoy...!
The Roti at RotiLicious is good man, and the Carib is chilled and waiting on you.
Hoping to meet you soon again and looking forward to meeting you too Mr. McKoy.
Take Care
Cornel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: FW: Trinidad nice Tobago sweet
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 00:39:04 +0000
Bandit,
We getting mixed messages from you, one day you not going to Trinidad for free, now you sending me Trinidad nice Tobago sweet.
Bandit, yuh setting a bad example for our young razor grass hoppers, pretty soon they will be saying them old guys crazy, one day they say something, the next day they say something else ha! ha!
Bandit, from now I will tell our young razor grass hoppers to ignore what yuh say, sorry the Club had to do this.
Ha! ha! ah still yuh friend, yuh know that,
Adios Amigos, Cheers, Glen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:21:53 -0400
Subject: My games for you to try out for Free
Hi Everyone,
I have created three games, available for FREE on the iTunes Apps Store for iPhone and iPad.
Please download them and try em out if you have one of those devices.
I need 5***** reviews in exchange to help push them up the ranks :)
This one has had 75,000 downloads already since Saturday
This one has had 5,000 downloads since Saturday
This one launched last night
Check em out and rate them please :)
And please forward this to friends who have iPhone/iPads
Regards,
Shaun
sgianetti@mac.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:09:31 -0700
Ladislao I missed this message..sorry!...things are more busy than ever but keeping up with circulars...will be in Trinidad in Aug but you would have already left....how are you doing with your LED business?
1 May 14:14
Dear Howard
It has been a long time that we have not heard from you
Hope you are well
The Circulars can be seen at
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
671796LK12FACEBOOK.
62UN0001GRP, Paul de Verteuil, Davis da Costa, Hamish Herrera, Eden Hutton, David bratt, Jeffrey Gransaull.
12DC0003DCARING, the Ring of the Knights
12AG00004AGOWFE, Angel Gomez Ramos




No comments:

Post a Comment