Saturday 10 November 2012

Circular No 575





Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 10 November 2012 No. 575
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
A photo album by Nigel Boos
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again our Ambassador roaming, to Baton Rouge.
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:19:00 -0500
The knights of white stones met again at Donald Goddard's home in Baton Rouge Louisiana.
Thanks to Donald on finding Father Harold Imamshah.
We got together to enjoy a superb callaloo prepared by Donald.
It was delicious.
We enjoyed talking about the good old times, Donald´s time, my time and Father Harold's time since he was the last one to be at the abbey school before it was close in 1985.
The group consisted of Mr Michael and Mrs Jean Simon, Karen and Donald Goddard, Father Harold Imamshah, Salvador Coscarart and Olga Ferrer.
Even though it was a very short time it was very pleasant and comforting to reminisce about the Mount.
Once again, the knights of white stones prevail.
May God bless all of us.
Long live the Mount.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
PLANING AS ALL MOUNT BOY DO
FROM: A Mickiewicz
Friday, November 23, 2012 8:17 AM
Have a great reunion y’all.
----------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 6:41 AM
Winston,
Bandit will be bringing with him a few copies of his book and by copy of this email
I'm asking him to bring you one for you as well.
The price is $10.00.
By the way, just to confirm - the get together is on Dec 21st at Rotilicious Restaurant, 89 Commercial Ave., Ajax, ON. (Ph: 905-686-8070) from 7.00 - 10.00 p.m.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Nigel
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-11-23, at 3:56 AM, Winston Marcellin wrote:
Nigel,
I live in Etobicoke, and I teach at George Brown College at the downtown campus in Toronto.
I am really mostly keen on getting a copy of the DeCastro book.
Do you know where it was published?
I will give you a call.
Winston
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:04:25 PM
Winston,
What is your address, please?
Give me a call, if you wish.
Nigel Boos
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-11-22, at 1:19 PM, Winston Marcellin wrote:
Nigel,
My interest in making contact with The Calypso Bandit is his connection to the Abbey School and MSB.
I taught there from 1966 to 1969, contemporary with Yip Chuck, Basanta, Fr Augustine etc, Kitty Marcus whom I visited in the year she turned 90.
Winston
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:11:49 PM
Wonderful, Carlos.
I've never heard of Winston until today.
He might be the brother of Dr. Marcellin from "down South"???
Of course, we'd love to have him join us on the 22st.
Thanks for his email address.
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-11-22, at 10:45 AM, Carlos Guio wrote:
Nigel,
Let me introduce you to Winston.
He thought at the Abbey School in the early 70's (before my time) and I met him by coincidence recently.
I mentioned to him about the get together on the 21 and he is interested in joining us.
My wife and I will also go.
Best regards
Carlos
416 618-1372
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Winston Marcellin <wjmarcellin@rogers.com>
Date: Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:59 AM
Carlos,
I am definitely interested.
Winston
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Carlos Guio <carlos_guio@yahoo.ca>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:39:41 PM
Winston,
Let me know if interested in joining us, pls see below
Rgdrs
Carlos
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Gentlemen,
I'm proposing to get together with David de Castro, a.k.a. the "Calypso Bandit" who will be visiting Ontario in December.
The date: December 21st
The time: 7.00 - 10.00 p.m.
Location: Rotilicious Restaurant, 89 Commercial Avenue, Ajax, ON. (Ph: 905-686-8070
I would greatly appreciate if everyone could please respond to this email and let me know ASAP whether you would like to attend.
This might be a nice way to prepare for the Christmas celebration, eh?
Also, (2nd request), if anyone is able to pick David up at his daughter's home in Scarborough and return him there after the get together, I'll sure appreciate it. Please let me know if we have a volunteer.
Thanks, everyone.
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: david decastro <calypsobandit@live.com>
Date: 19 November, 2012 10:51:29 AM EST
Hi Nigel,
Thanks for organizing the lime.
Can you give me a time frame for that day from?? to ??? and seeing that you are doing all the work it would be my pleasure and delight to pick up your tab.—
THANKS "BANDIT"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Friday, October 26, 2012 11:45 AM
Laz,
Dillon Leotaud was one of the earliest MSB students.
Apparently, he does not own a computer and may not even know how to use one, but his wife certainly does.
You may wish to add his wife's email address to your list.
In cases where you'd like to contact him directly, it is suggested that you should preface the note with a statement such as "For Dillon" or "Attention: Dillon", etc.
His wife's email address is: d.leotaud@gmail.com
Nigel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Maggie Mac <marguerite4545@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Dillon
Date: 26 October, 2012 11:19:57 AM EDT
I spoke to Dots (Dillon's wife...) today, I forgot you yesterday so sorry, and her e-mail address is:-
I thought that this was her daughter's address so maybe you should put something like "for Dillon" in the subject box.
Just a thought
Margs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:26 PM,
Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca> wrote:
Thanks, Mags.
I appreciate your help.
Nigel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-10-25, at 3:09 PM, Maggie Mac wrote:
I know he does not have his own e-mail,
His wife Dots has and so does his daughter Danielle...
I have Danielle's address but I would have to get Dots own to send directly to his house.
I do not know if he even knows how to operate a computer, but I am sure he would like to get your information about mount St. B.
I will call him later and let you know
Thanks M
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Subject: Dillon
Mags,
I wonder whether it would be possible to get Dillon's email address from you?
I'd like to include him in a database of ex-students of the Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict.
If he's not interested, or if he doesn't have or use a computer, could you also advise me?
Thanks for your kind help.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:11 PM
Thanks a million, Frankie.
I'm going to guess it's a Form 2 group from 1976 (middle of 1975-77).
This adds to our collection.
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-10-24, at 6:35 PM, frankie quesnel wrote:
Can't remember what year this was taken but somewhere between 1975 - 1977.
I’m the dude in the middle with the long hair! My hippie days!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
284043LK12FACEBOOK, Priests
307993LK12FACEBOOK, Michael D´ornellas
12SC0258SCOGRP, Salvador and unknown, in Baton Rouge
12SC0260SCOGRP, in Baton Rouge





No comments:

Post a Comment