Saturday 1 December 2012

Circular No 578







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 1 December 2012 No. 578
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Since his laundry number is going to be mentioned by Don, I also remember mine, No. 172.
I challenge the youngsters to send me their laundry numbers?
This carnival was not of my time, since I arrived on the 15 of September 1955.
But can assure you that I recognize all the shops that appear in the film.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
RE: Give Thanks and Praise ..Always DON mother
FROM: Salah Wilson
Saturday, December 1, 2012 1:07 PM
Hi Don,
Great to hear from you,
Your story is amazing I must pass this on to her (My Mom) when I speak with her again later on today.
Thank you ...about the 100th birthday ...let's hope that we are also here but thanks and again best wishes to you and your Mom..
Our prayers reach out to her.
Regards
Salah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Give Thanks and Praise ..Always
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 13:07:35 -0400
Hello Salah,
Many thanks for the words of kindness.
It is wonderful to hear news of your mother, whom I remember very well.
She has some very good genes, I must say.
You can be comforted that you have probably inherited them.
I hope that she will continue to enjoy relative good health.
In fact, I hope to hear news of her 100th birthday in just a few short years time.
It may amuse you to learn that the school laundry number that she used to help me with was 115.
I have retained that number all my life.
It was my PO box number in St Kitts from 1971 to 1976.
From 1976 until today it has been my car licence number.
There weren’t many cars in Anguilla in 1976 when we came to live here, so I was No 115.
[My driving licence number is 0000011, but that is only because I was the 11th applicant when the new computerised system came in.]
Keep well.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Salah Wilson
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 12:18 PM
Subject: Give Thanks and Praise ..Always
Greetings everyone,
While we pray and mourn with our brother Judge Anthony on the passing of his dear mother ...and while we sympatize and pray for the mother of our Mitchell Brothers.
We still give thanks and praise to the Father above, for everything and celebrate their lives for the only sure thing that we know is that one day we will all be in the same situation.
It does not matter the age because we have lost so many brothers ...rather they have just gone on before us.
But please allow me to share a little hope and joy with you all today December 1st 2012
Today my mother your old 'Matron Wilson' celebrates her 94th birthday...
I have just spoken with her ( me being in Canada) and she is doing fine.
I told her about the communication with the 'old boys from the college' and she remembers very well some of the things she used to do up there ....she even remembers the names of some boys.... amazing.
She was up there on the mount from about 1950 until about 1966-67.
This in particular is a message of hope for the Mitchell brothers.
Five years ago just before her birthday in 2007 my mother got really sick with heart problems.
We were rushing her to the hospital repeatedly and we all thought .....well that was it and she already lived a long life.
It was around this time also that we had to take her up at the home for the aged rest house at Mt. St. Benedict because of some renovations to her home.
It was also at this time she was re-united with her dear old friend our Kitty Marcus.
It was a great re-union of which I had shared some pictures with this forum ( I had played some Pan for that occassion, and Kitty was the MC....all true)
I had also taken my Mom earlier that year before she got sick to meet with another good old friend our dear Fr. Cuthbert ..
They recognized each other with a good hug ( I am still trying to find those photos).
Anyways again my message to the Mitchell brothers ...as bad as it may appear ..please never give up hope ...when our time comes every one of us we have to answer the call and thats the way it is ...but no one , none of us knows the time and hour only the Father above and these are words of Jesus. ...so while the living is alive there is always hope.......
My best regards to all of us who still have their dear mothers please give them a hug...best wishes to all
Regards
Salah (Abbey School 1963-1970)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
salvador coscarart coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com
9 Jun
As you all can see. I found our old time friend and aqualads team mate .
Giacomo Tomaselli after so many years I finally was able to find him.
God bless to all.
Have a safe weekend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Giacomo Tomaselli <captaingiaco@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2012 4:00 AM
My friend, Salvador,
Colmado de coincidencias, pase por el aeropuerto de Piarco a principios de Mayo,
Se me lleno la cabeza de recuerdos y amigos, veo que te llegaron a ti tambien... te felicito.
En este momento estoy llegando a Inglaterra despues de traversar el atlantico,
No te voy a poder escribir pero luego de casa te pondre.. up to date.
Que Dios te bendiga a ti y tus familiares
Muchos saludos
Giacomo
Filled with coincidences, I passed by the airport of Piarco in early May,
It filled my head with memories and friends, I see that you arrived to you too...
At this time I am coming to England after crossing the Atlantic,
I'm not going to be able to write but after home I shall put you ... upto date.
God bless you and your family
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:59:27 -0500
Muy estimado. Amigo Giacomo
Si tu eres el que vivio en La Guaira, Venezuela.
Me contactas.
Yo vivo en USA.
Un abrazo hermano.
Salvador
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 20:06:13 -0500
Hola Salvador,
Sorry for the late reply, you won't believe emails I did not open yet.
Such excellent news mi amigo, you found Giacomo Tomaselli,
Just had flashbacks and do remember our hermano,
Hope to hear more from our amigo Giacomo,
Welcome to the Club, Cheers mi amigos.
Best Regards
Glen McKoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Alfredo Montiel Bezara amontielb@megaval.com
15 Jun
Queridos y recordados amigos de MSB,
Que afortunada coincidencia, con frecuencia voy al Litoral Caraqueño, específicamente a Puerto Azul, y siempre me acuerdo de Giacomo Tomaselli y familia, siempre Los TOMASELLI han sido una referencia para los Caraqueños que bajamos a las Playas por mas de casi 50 años ¡!!!
Quiero expresar en esta oportunidad, lo constante y perseverante que han sido Glen, Ladislao y Salvador sobre este particular de lograr contactar amigos y relacionados de MSB, that is to say ….THE ABBEY SCHOOL ¡!
Aquí aparecen también amigos, que si bien no estamos en contacto permanente, siempre son recordados, por ejemplo mi apreciado y querido Oscar Cantore que ahora viviendo en Panamá no lo veo con frecuencia, pero también a Sarkis que siempre me envía e mails pero tengo muchos años que no lo veo …..Toñito Mezzana, Enrique Zanella que también por años no nos vimos y ahora sabemos de cada uno y para de contar …..Edgar Moffie me llamo el Sábado pasado y así con los anos no hemos perdido contacto ¡! Gracias a Dios ¡!!
A todos un fuerte abrazo y VIVA MOUNT SAINT BENEDICT ¡! and have a nice nice weekend and Fathers Day !!!!
Alfredo Montiel Bezara
MSB 1972
Remembered and beloved friends of MSB,
That fortunate coincidence, often I'll go to the coast from Caracas, specifically to Puerto Azul, and always remember me Giacomo Tomaselli and family, always the TOMASELLI has been a reference for the Caracas that we went down to the beaches for over almost 50 years!!
I wish to express on this occasion, the constant and persevering that they have been Glen, Ladislao and Salvador on this particular to contact friends and related MSB, that is to say.. .THE ABBEY SCHOOL!
Here also are friends, that although we are not in permanent contact, you are always remembered for example my dear and beloved Oscar Cantore who now living in Panama I don't see often, but also to Sarkis who always sends me e mails but I have many years who do not see it...Toñito Mezzana, Enrique Zanella which also for years we were not and we now know each and have...Edgar Moffie called me last Saturday and so over the years we have not lost contact! Thank God!!
To all a big hug and VIVA MOUNT SAINT BENEDICT! and have a nice weekend and Fathers Day!
Alfredo Montiel Bezara
MSB 1972
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
12SC0556SCOGTO, Salvador Coscarart and Giacomo Tomaselli
12SC0605SCOGTO, With wifes
12LK6366BBQ, Barbaque at Dennis, John Abraham and David Pampellone
247667LK12FACEBOOK, Anand Rampersadsingh and Niel Charles




No comments:

Post a Comment