Saturday 15 December 2012

Circular No 580





Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 15 December 2012 No.580
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I have been asked to join the following:
Supposed to be a School year book, linked to Facebook, if anyone knows how to use it please let me know. Is it worth the trial where we can put our Alumni in a orderly way??
I am still looking for the location where only Classmates would be the main and only purpose of the site. No friends of the friends, girlfriends, aunts, and long lost celebrities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
RE: Give Thanks and Praise ..Always
Thanks for sharing Salah, keep well......Kazim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Christmas special from Salah
From Nigel Boos
No, Salah, I did NOT know that you were now living in Toronto.
How wonderful! Until you return to Montreal, I'm going to transfer your name into the "Ontario" database file.
Since you're now an Ontarian, please accept this invitation to attend a little MSB get-together at Rotilicious, 89 Commercial Ave., Ajax, L1S 2H3 (Ph: 905-686-8070) on December 21st, 7.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.
The guest of honour this time is David de Castro, a.k.a. "Calypso Bandit" (MSB Class of '53) who, believe it or not, was crowned the First Calypso King of Canada (or perhaps it was of Ontario) many years ago.
Dave is coming to Scarborough to visit his kids for Christmas, and he's taking the time off to meet some of the Canadian MSB OB's.
I hope you'll be able to make it and that you'll bring your wife as well.
By copy of this email, I'm also inviting Art Gregorio and his wife to the little function.
FYI, Art was the Bursar at MSB from 1965-70, so far as I know.
I've been trying to contact him, but to date I've not been successful.
And to all the "other Ontarians", please try to make it, if you can.
I've already sent out invitations twice before, and some have responded positively.
It'd be great if we could all come together for a Carib and roti.
See y'all soon.
Nigel
Ph: 905 426-8999
Hey Salah, why not bring a pan if / when you're coming?
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-12-08, at 12:52 PM, Salah Wilson wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Thank you very much and let me wish you the very same to you and your family ...all the very best for the Christmas season especially good health.
I believe I did mention that I am now living in Toronto I am completing my Masters at York University and living on Campus
Best Regards
Salah
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 07:11:50 -0500
So glad to have the sampling of your music, Salah.
It brings a real sense of Christmas a la Trinidad into our home.
I appreciate your kind gift, and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you every joy and the peace of Christ Our Lord, during this holy season of Christmas.
May God bless you and Adiylah and your children.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-12-06, at 12:33 PM, Salah Wilson wrote:
Well my brother Andres,
I simply cannot refuse you...... so here's a few more.
I have included something for my Venezuelan brothers that they are quite familiar with also.
Bandit ...I am taking your advice and sending everyone in the Bcc format ..it makes sense.
Glen thanks, I have a friend who plays Celtic music on Pans in Nova Scotia ( He is actually from Jamaica though..but a good friend) ...... looking forward to some future Jam session Tony it is my pleasure...but I am sure that there is some Steelpan group in Guyana ...I will enquire.
Nigel, sure I can play in the acapella form ( no back up) ...but the back up tracks gives some sense of a complete whole entity...of course the best is with a back-up band.
Andres there is some more yet...enjoy and let me know
Regards all
Salah
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: andresfreytez@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:39:53 -0400
Gosh Salah,
What a wonderful present this has turned out to be.
Since I returned to Venezuela a month ago (waiting for the Canadian embassy here in Caracas to finish my Canadian residence documentation) I have missed all my trinidadian music and food (goat roties which I had galore) which I so frequently enjoyed in Toronto. old Boys´ Ajax reunion included.
My wife´s birthday is today so I will play your music for her tonight , she enjoys pans very much although I have still not taken her to Trinidad.
A trinidadian friend back here namely, Anthony Gomes , gave me a CD about three years ago with Christmas music played by Pamberi pans.
Since then it is a must for her to listen to this music for Christmas every year.
Some time ago one of my mother´s cousins, Fita Alleyne , once widowed in St. Lucia stayed in Pax Guest House.
She is Fr. Alleyne´s mother and I suppose that your dear mother must have known her thereat. This is just an anecdote.
You have made an offer ..............." let me know if you want more¨...... referring to your excel music. Please send us (all Old Boys) more !!!!!
I will have a reunion next week with Manuel Prada , Gabriel Hoefle and Ladislao Kertesz . Will post some photos then.
What a wonderful season´s present !!!! Make us all feel proud of our Mount ties!!!
Best wishes,
Andrés (Freddy) Freites
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: sal_wils@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 00:52:42 -0400
Hi Guys,
Thought that this might just fit in with your seasonal plans ...let me know if you want some more...(its just me and my Pans) ...have a good one
Salah
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
2012-12-14, at 10:12 AM, Jerry Bain wrote:
Add Jerry Bain & Wife to that..
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Dec 21st get-together at Rotilicious, Ajax
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 09:59:19 -0500
Glen,
So far, here is the list of guys who have declared their intention to attend at the Dec 21st Rotilicious lime:
Dave "Bandit" de Castro and his wife, Jennifer
Salah Wilson
Hudson McKoy, his wife Lynda and son Dino
Anthony Bhopa and his wife, Simone
Carlos Guio
Paul Dewan and Esther
Jerry Chin Cham
Bernard Stone and his wife, Maggie
Cornel de Freitas, Mike and his 2 sons, Christian and Lorenzo
Myself, and (if she's not swamped with cakes), Jackie
Negative response: Andres Freytes (he's in Venezuela)
It's terrible that so few would even send a one-liner to me to let me know that they can't make it. (Perhaps one or two others might "just turn up.")
Anyway, we should have a great evening. Thanks for your concern.
Nigel
------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-12-14, at 6:52 AM, Glen Mckoy wrote:
Dear Nigel,
I am concerned about no replies to the invitation to the Toronto get-together at Rotilicious.
If we cannot get a Yes or No to this, how the hell will we get people to Trinidad for 2014 grand plan?
I am not impressed, if you can't attend send an email and say so, please if you live in Ontario.
I am sending this to Don, Kazim & Ladislao, please put in the blog and the face book site,
Thank you
Cheers Glen.
(PS: It is easy Glen, ask those that are going for a deposit, lets say for the hotel accommodations, food, etc, that would be forfeited if the person does not go to the Reunion 2014, Soon you would separate the revelliers and the dreamers, Editor)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Re: Dec 21st get-together at Rotilicious, Ajax
From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:44:33 -0500
Wonderful, Hudson.
Good suggestion, to use Island Mix.
We've been there, investigated the idea, decided against it and reverted to Rotilicious for other reasons.
At the same time, I've invited everyone in the Ontario dB list to consider "hosting" an evening in their areas.
So far, only David Johnson has come forward and we had a great evening at his home in Summer. Other than that - not a bite!
So . . . . Rotilicious it is, at least for the time being.
Look forward to seeing you and Lynda. What about Dino?
Nigel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-12-12, at 9:27 PM, hudsonmckoy@aol.com wrote:
Hi Nigel,
We will try to make it to the Get-Together...have you ever considered doing it at another location?
I believe 'Island Mix' is close by and located in Pickering and has good food & entertainment...let me know your thoughts...
Hudson, Lynda & Gino
647-854-8495
905-454-0962
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM
FROM andres federico freytez borges
Good day all you Brothers,
Can notify having had a nice luncheon reunion yesterday back here in Caracas.
Attendants :
Lazlo Kertesz
Gabor Hoefle
These two the Magyar representation
Manuel Prada
Myself
We both the TriniVen representation
All four : Mount Boys
Had beer , wine , galician omelette , baked sweet peppers , squids...and a lot of Mount talk...someone denied of Mount Bread...wonder why...
Lamented not having the splendid Goat Roti and chilled caribs served at Rotilicious.
Mickiewicz : Manuel asked of your whereabouts , I complied his query to the best of my knowledge ...
We wish you have a wonderful time at your reunion.
Bless you all Brothers
Andres (Freddy) Freites
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Hola Sir.Freddy(Andres). Muchas Gracias
This Elite Caracas Circle has been going on for quite some time now, a true sign of the brotherly love that do exist, and of course, they never stop talking about the Mount, music to our ears, jejeje
I do admire Ladislao for his quest to join all the Circles, as we have seen in his works for decades.
What baffles me is, he's already in a Perfect Circle of Friends, right in his home land, yet he reaches out to all of us.
How much can you ask of a Knight ??
Well that's when I say, what have I done in this Club lately ? or what have the Club done for me this year?
Made me laugh, made me cry made me think, made me know more of a class that disappeared in front of my eyes, a long time ago and still keeps in contact frequently.
This Club objective is to work with the knowledge we have, in order to gain that great light of wisdom, from which all Knights are drawn.
To experience this feeling, if it shines upon you, mi amigo, an intrinsic gift, that is priceless, as a Castle in the Sky, on a mountain on an Island hidden under the Sun.
Where this Club was formed.
Sending out our best regards to Jon, Anthony, Don & Gordon, also wishing Kazim a good recovery, Cheers Mis Amigos.
Adios Glen McKoy. (Duncan's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada.).
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM
From A Mickiewicz
Thanks for the invite, Nigel.
I am currently working in Saudi Arabia.
I return and arrive home late in the evening of 20th December and then have to help my wife get ready for Christmas as I have been away since 26th November.
Nice and warm here.
Looks like you will have a great reunion.
Hopefully more will join you.
My warm regards to all, George
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
11LK0010MSBEDI,
12NB0211AJAXREUNION, Ajax reunion
6407LK12FACEBOOK, White Stones
964LK12FACEBOOK, Alan Chandler and Tim Healy




No comments:

Post a Comment