Saturday 6 October 2012

Circular No 570







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 6 October 2012 No.570
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Today is the DAY, happy 100th Anniversary Celebrations
I shall be sending No.571 with the news of what happened in the events written by local observers from the Association and collaborators like Winston Ramsahai and other helpers of the Circular.
Of course you can go to the Facebook site:
And now to the basics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Glen
The association is an international effort; as most are too far to get into the live part.
I have problems to travel and I am living next door to TT.
I cannot be there for the 6 October, our elections are on the 7 October.
All I can say is that I finally see a movement and less rhetoric.
My speech at the Union Tower was just that, I am an engineer and no politician.
It is the same idea that I have presented at the association meeting, see the Minutes.
I am for individual work, as each of us has ideas that are needed to breed life into any association.
But this individual work should work towards a definite goal, the goal set forth by the ideals of the association and not by an individual herder.
Hope this helps, jajajaj, or make it more confusing?
God bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:38 PM
Subject: RE: Articles of Association
Dear Nigel & Ladislao,
If this is a proper association, with so many international members, we should be able to pay a membership fee and also vote, count me in, unless it is a limited membership?
Cheers Glen McKoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Articles of Association
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 21:31:12 -0400
Thanks, Don.
On the basis of this information, and assuming that Company Law in Trinidad is more-or-less as Don explains, then only paid-up members should receive a copy of the Articles of Association.
Now, I know that we currently do not have a membership fee, but perhaps we should, and then we all can, upon payment of said fee, request and obtain a copy of the Articles.
Now, I still do not know who is operating as the Executive of our Association, and in what capacities, but this is a call to Ladislao, perhaps, to try to get this matter straightened out and to establish a voting or other procedure for the election / appointment of Officers.
Everything else should flow naturally from that point on.
Best wishes, everyone.
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-17, at 7:59 AM, Don Mitchell wrote:
Hello Nigel,
I am not sure about the company law of Trinidad, but I know a little about the general law on obtaining copies of Articles of Association.
Basically, only fully paid up members of corporations (whether shareholding or membership as this one probably is) are normally entitled to copies, and that only on payment of the prescribed fee in the Articles.
It is not that it is confidential so much as that it is a membership thing.
So far as I know, there are only one or possibly two members of the corporation at present.
I have been hoping that I will be told in due course what my annual membership fee is to be so that I can apply for membership, pay up, and then I also can ask for a copy of the Articles.
Keep well.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:33 PM
Subject: Articles of Association
Thank you for your kind response, Joe. I'd be very interested to see exactly what our Articles of Association include, and I'm looking forward to receiving a copy in due course.
Question: Is this something confidential, or is it advisable to consider putting it permanently on our Facebook page? (Don or Dennis might advise).
Nigel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-16, at 7:17 PM, Joseph Berment-McDowald wrote:
Dear Nigel,
In response to your email of the 10th instant.
I am sorry but, I am not at liberty to provide the information which you have requested, at this time.
By copy of this email I am asking the secretary to include this request for discussion, when we next have an annual general meeting, at which time you will be informed of the company's position.
yours sincerely,
Joe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Contacting the Azar 'boys"
FROM: Nigel Boos
Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:09 AM
Joe,
Would you mind telephoning any of the Azar OB's to ask them for their emails, please? I'm having a really difficult time to get any response from Michael.
Thanks for your help.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com>
Date: 30 September, 2012 9:32:05 AM EDT
Hello Nigel,
I send Joe Azar mount related stuff all the time, one of our many silent supporters.
I remember Joe well, when I was a boy in scouts he was a product of Cutty, ha! ha!
dem guys don't joke man, I was 12 yrs old and scared like hell ha! ha!
Joe was the man, strict and always so serious, remember we won everything in the country, we were soldiers, in our minds ha! ha!,
I was on the mount in 1968, so I know Jimmy, Robert and Edmund.
They were the big guys, I remember Robert Aboud nice guy, we all hanged out around the school, so you had to know who was who,
Danny Essi? (Syrian) good friend also.
Nigel, so many mates are still missing, and we don't even have a clue, where they are, good luck in our quest, for The Lost Tribe.
Adios Amigos
Glen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: nigelboos@yahoo.ca
Subject: Contacting the Azar 'boys"
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 08:03:26 -0400
Hello, Joe.
I haven't heard from you in ages, and I hope this email finds you in good health and happiness.
I'm trying to find out the email addresses of the following Azar boys and I'm wondering whether you might be able to direct them to me:
Joseph Azar (1955?)
Jimmy Azar (1968?)
Robert Azar (1969?)
Edmund Azar (1971?)
As you know, I’m trying to complete the Old Boys database, of former students at MSB, which is the reason for my question.
Do you feel comfortable to forward these addresses?
if you are unsure about this, perhaps you can send all of the Azar "boys" MY email address and ask them, if they're interested, to contact me directly.
Thanks, Big Joe. I appreciate your help.
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Final email on this topic and my final communication to the group
Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:35 PM
Gabriel Faria
Guys, I am wrapping up this exercise and this will probably be my last email on this topic and my last communication to the group
52 Old Boys contributed to this effort.
If you sent in a donation and your name is not on this list please let us know on this post. ´
I understand that Peter Sammy will be sending out receipts to each Old Boy.
Some people who made commitments did not come through but all in all it turned out well and the amount collected was more than we originally targeted.
Based on this we gave the monks a larger cash donation of US$750.00 instead and will also give Cutty more cash for spending money on his trip.
I would like to thank everyone for their support in this effort.
Oscar Cantore
Roger Juman
Neil Charles
Salvador Coscarat
Glen Schaefer
Gabriel Faria
A Anonymous
Joseph Berment
Richard Galt
Dennis Gurley
Chris Knowles
George Laquis
Anthony Lucky
Ananda Rampersad
Raj Rooplalsingh
Jimmy Samaroo
Peter Sammy
Harold Stauble
Carlos Guio
George Mickiewicz
Don Mitchell
Gordon Mitchell
Winston Ramsahai
Toddy Ramsahai
John Roopchand
Ken Austin
Stephan Bushe
Alan Chandler
Marlon Da Silva
Shaun Gianetti
Luis Guio
Victor How Chung
Mike Howard
Fr. Harold Imamshah
Glen Mckoy
Azizul Mohammed
Jerry Toolsie
Kelvin Khan
Adrian Chandler
Glen Evelyn
Hans Herman
Jorge Iwaszkiewicz
Hudson Mckoy
Moses Oderson
Salah Wilson
Yunnus Ali
Winston Kerry
Gary Matthews
Gangaram Rampersad
Stuart Henderson
Ian Gomes
Nigel Gomes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
12AG0002AGO, Angel Gomez
12704LK12FACEBOOK, Taken from Facebook
23877LK12FACEBOOK
26664LK12FACEBOOK




No comments:

Post a Comment