Saturday 5 May 2012

Circular No 548






SUMMER COMES TO THE DIAMOND O

A Comedy in One Act
By

Robert Finch

CHARACTERES

COOKY, chef for the cowboys Richard Clerk

CURLY, a cowboy and a dreamer Brendan Gurley

STUB, plays a guitar and sings John Abraham

TEX, a ranch hand, more practical-minded Douglas Houk

GRANNY, a grizzled, weather-worn cow hand Allan Apo

Mr. HOUSTON, the boss of the Diamond O Vaughan McMullen

THE STRANGER, better known as “Windy” Paul Zeven

SHERIFF LASH, a sticker for the LAW Bernard D´Abadie


THE PLACE: The cooksback of the Diamond O cattle ranch in a valley of the Ruby Mountains, in Montana.


THE TIME: An early evening in October.


631117 m.i. p.02


Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 5 of May 2012 No.548
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Mt St Benedict Alumni website New Feature Article
------------------------------------
Cornel de Freitas corneldefreitas@hotmail.com
21 Apr (10 days ago)
DescripciĆ³n: https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif
My Dear Brothers,
I am sitting here, watching my cursor flash, and flash ...
Searching in the deepest recesses of my mind (or heart as we often prefer to say) to find right words, that will adequately express the over whelming 'Gratitude' I have/feel for all of you.
To also acknowledge the other "Quiet" contributors behind the scenes doing their part.
[In a large way that would also include just about everyone that keeps the electricity of communications in the form of letters, greetings, announcements and plans for getting together and sharing "Time" in the form of a "Mini Reunion" over a drink and reminiscing over times at The Mount, enjoying a 'Roti' and a'Carib'. (can you tell, I love Roti)
I mean you can build a beautiful road to get somewhere, but if you don't use it, will it not get overgrown and fall apart, like the no longer used path that we travelled everyday from school to the pool and playing field.
How sad that it has now overgrown and fallen apart and now lonely and silent that path now sounds when it once enjoyed the chatting and laughter of a lot of young boys.
There is no "One Word".
You are ALL Very Special People for all that you do.
I am truly Blest to part of this Great Brotherhood, and I feel so proud, so very proud, to belong to such a unique group of GOD's children.
I am pretty sure there are others that have that same feeling.
I remember once referring to those weaving a 'Golden Thread of Love', linking us all together as one special family of brothers.
I wish it were possible to reach out and give each of you a great big hug, and in doing so, let you guys know how much your contributions to "The Realm", as my dear brother Glen (I hope you're smiling Glen) 'caringly' refers to a real special group of men.
We all met as "little boys", removed from their moms and dads, and those first scary days and weeks slowly transformed into a brotherhood.
As we grew we fostered new friendships and relationships.
We may not have known all of the brothers personally, but our lives overlapped, and just knowing that an older brother or younger brother attended that same White Castle In The Sky we so lovingly know as "The Abbey School", we identified so automatically as a large family of brothers.
When that very first letter (e~mail) from Ladislao appeared in my hotmail inbox, and Ladislao's words to me were:
"Cornel, thank GOD we've found you !"
They flashed me back to images of my "Home" on Mount St. Benedict.
Probably the saddest moment in my life was the day I left the Mount forever.
The memories of that day started flashing through my mind, coming through like short movies that captured so many memories.
The worst being, putting my suitcase in the trunk of the black Vauxhall Cresta (I believed to be Father Abbot's personal Limo), and drove me to Piarco for my last plane trip back to my family in Aruba.
The tears welled up in my eyes, because I remembered how much I missed the Mount and all my 'Brothers'.
Thanks Ladislao, for 'Finding' me.
In his very next e~mail he let me know that he knew that there was an MSB old boy that lived not far from me, in Ajax.
That brother was you Nigel.
I live in Toronto, and the town of Ajax where Nigel resides is about a 45 minute drive from me.
I was so overjoyed at the thought of meeting an MSB Old Boy.
I didn't waste anytime.
I found out that Michael was returning a friends computer that he had fixed, who happened to live in Ajax ...we decided to pay Nigel a visit on that same day.
Even though I never knew Nigel, it didn't matter.
I contacted Nigel, introduced myself and arranged a visit so I could meet him.
I remember when Nigel opened his door to greet me(us), we gave each other a Big Hug, and at that very moment my past rejoined with my present, and once again, couldn't stop the feelings and my emotions of how happy I felt surfaced in the form of tears generated by that first contact.
It was like reconnecting with an older brother I hadn't seen in so many years, (almost 50 years) and missed so much.
Thanks to all of you, for in a way, or in a manner of speaking you've all given me back the life I thought I had lost contact with.
All of you contributed so much to the lives of so many...bringing back to me some of the happiest days of my life and to others as well.
Reconnecting us, giving us a means of communicating with our other brothers.
Allowing us to share our lives with those other brothers who are like our family also.
I (we) need to let you know how much your great work reaches into the inner parts of us, even just for the simple privilege of belonging to the greatest bunch of caring people.
Let’s also remember those that contribute by sending all the emails, and communicating with each other, exchanging stories, as well as the likes of Salvador Coscarart, (Our Knight Ambassador ~ as I like to call him, because I feel he has earned that 'Title' - as a "Knight of The Realm") Travelling to other places, reconnecting other brothers, and bringing them back into the fold.
At this very moment as I type this e~mail, Salvador Coscarart pops on to my Msn Chat screen, and I took a few minutes to greet him and inquire as to his health, how he is doing.
Letting him know, in those couple of minutes, that it is time once again to meet at the little restaurant in Ajax called "Rotiliscious" for a 'Roti' and where a cold 'Carib' awaits us.
That's the same little restaurant, where we met with Nigel, Terence Ferreira, Carlos Guio, Salvador Coscarart and a few others.
(Still trying to get Glen to come on over to try a real 'Roti' at "Rotiliscious".]
I am beginning to sound like an advertisement for Rotiliscious.
Thanks again to Nigel who arranged it all.
Nigel, we haven’t forgotten that scrumptuous cup~cake your gracious wife treated us with.
Haven't tasted a better one yet...don't think that one can be topped.
You see what I mean is, that immense gift of "sharing", of our words, our stories our lives, even the sometimes 'little battles of words' back and forth, being able to express ourselves and share our thoughts and feelings.
What an immense gift of Love and Caring!
In the beginning of this 'letter', I spoke of "thinking of what the best possible words" I could use, to express my sincerest gratitude to you all, and all of the others who contribute so very much, by using the opportunities you have provided us with, this road, or path, that although we may be far apart in different places, it brings us all together, in a fantastic unity of a Very Special Brotherhood of Mount St. Benedict Old Boys.
I think I excelled in a manner of 'speaking', in attempting to come up with the best words that I can in order to express the gratitude that I feel inside, It took a 'Small Little' Book to say it ...! (Look at that, I even sound like a 'Trini' ... 'small little book' ...)
Goes to prove you can take the man outta Trini, but you can never take the Trini outta the man.
Please keep Wayne Henderson and his Family in your prayers.
GOD Bless you all and your loving families.
Sincerely, your Brother for Life
Cornel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: FW: Mt St Benedict Alumni website New Feature Article
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:17:24 +0000
My Dear George,
You have said it all here about our brother Kazim, a Knight that only went to the mount for 2 years and his contribution is so grand.
With brothers like this, I see a long and lasting future for our Club.
On behalf of the entire Club, 3 cheers for Kazim, your efforts will not be in vain.
Thank you very much, for showing us that every single member, whatever their input, makes a big difference.
It is spring, a rebirth of inspiration, long live our Realm, long live the Club, long live the Mount.
Best regards to all my brothers, keep the sunshine in your hearts,
Later Glen McKoy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Don Mitchell
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:26 AM
Thanks, Ladislao,
I'll post these last two as soon as I am back home in Anguilla. I am presently in Gibraltar, and will be in Barcelona for a few days after Cartagena which we visit tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing you later this month.
Keep well,
Don
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
AJAX GET TOGETHER
FROM: A Mickiewicz
Saturday, May 5, 2012 1:50 PM
Thanks guys for arranging and participating in a wonderful get together last night.
I had a great time visiting with good friends, reminiscing, and remembering the sweet taste of a roti and a Carib after 50 years; thank Glen for picking up the tab!!!
An additional pleasure was meeting your families.
May God bless you all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: Funeral Arrangements for Wayne
FROM:
Tim Mew MHC
Monday, April 30, 2012 3:46 AM
Many thanks and we have entered our condolences for Wayne.
Very sad when any MSB old boy passes on.
Tim
----- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Nigel Boos
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:00 PM
Subject: Funeral Arrangements for Wayne
Gentlemen,
You might wish to send a note of condolence to the family.
Please follow the link: nealfh.com
Nigel
Hello All,
Just sending a little update. Every things seems to be in place and the funeral service will be held here in Cleveland, at St. Mary's Catholic Church on tuesday 1st May,2012 at 11am. The funeral home has a site and they informed us that they have put up info on Wayne and the names of his family etc. which can be viewed and anyone is free to sign the guest book.
The address is: nealfh.com
Today we all went to Houston to the annual golf tournament followed by dinner which is put on by trinis and all proceeds go to Living Water Community.
It was well attended and the food was yummy.
They all did a fabulous job.
It was an enjoyable day and good distraction for us all and we met so many old friends that we have not seen for some years.
All in all a good time was had.
We will be having a memorial service in t'dad when I get back so will keep you informed.
Not sure yet of the date of my return.
Take care and God bless you all.
Love, Sandra.
----------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Don Mitchell
Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:09 PM
Thanks, Ladislao. No 543 is posted on the website: http://abbeyschoolmtstbenedict2012circulars.blogspot.com
I arrive in Trinidad late in the evening of Thursday 17 May, and depart to return to Anguilla on Wednesday 23 May. I am staying at a guest house a couple of doors away from Chris Knowles at Heritage Inn, 7 Coblentz Avenue, Cascade.
There is apparently no external advertisement of the guest house, so you have to look out for the house number: 7 Coblentz Ave. The telephone number is (868) 621 5663. The charge is US$100 per night including breakfast. I shall also have my trusty Nokia with me at all times and can be reached at my Anguilla number 1 264 235 8654.
I am looking forward to seeing you and any others who happen to be in town. I hope to pay a couple of courtesy calls while I am there.
All the best,
Don
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
 
ABBEY SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION 4 DAYS OF ACTIVITEES, May 19th to 23rd

Day
time
activity
location
cost
Special considerations
Coordinator
Saturday 19th
10:00am – 6:00pm
Beach “Lime” and Cook Up: walk with your own cooler and food to share, something ready to cook for the campfire, utensils, sun screen and beach (folding) chair
Maracas Bay
$200 each. To pay for security and tent. Please pay upon arrival, without being asked
Arrange: tents canopies, dig a pit, start a fire, bring pots, first aid kits, potable water, armed security, designated driver

Sunday 20th
8:00am – 5:00pm
Pirogue Charter M.V. Nello: 32’ covered Bowen: GPS, radio, life vests. Fish and
lime” to North Coast, swim and lunch in Saut D’Eau, fish and “lime “back to Chaguramas - - experienced captain and crew.
La SoufriĆØre Bay Chaguramas, Saut d'Eau Bay North Coast.
Boat $2400,
Security$1000 food $100=$600 each.
Bring your own cooler and something to grill in the fire, circumstances permitting
Book by noon on Friday 19th, 1st come 1st served
If fishing: 7 people maximum. If liming only: 10 people maximum.
Notify Coast Guard, radio, life vests, armed security. Arrangements for: motion sickness tablets, 1st AID KIT, flare Gun, walk with warn change of clothing, drinking water flask, head wear, emergency food prescription medications. photographs
Joseph Berment-McDowald
phone:868 678-8731
E-Mail Preferred
Monday 21st
12:00pm -3:00 pm
Honor Lunch: Fr. Cuthbert Van de Sande, Mr. Ray Watkins, Mr. Aurthur “Canzie” Johnson (Past National Scout Commissioners)
Trinidad Union Club. Nicholas Towers, Port of Spain
$300 per person
Booking and payment required by noon on Friday 19th, no exceptions.
Transport for Fr. Cuthbert & Messrs. Watkins and Johnson. Produce keepsake for event. Photographs.
Gabriel Faria
phone:868 384-2060
E-Mail Preferred
Monday 21st
4:30pm-6:00 pm
Annual General Meeting ASAA
J.D Sellier +Co, 129-131 Abercromby Street, Port-of-Spain

Important to the continuation of the legal entity. New candidates for office should contact Dennis Gurley to offer themselves for service. Don Mitchell, specially invited
Dennis Gurley
phone:868 682-3066
E-Mail Preferred
Tuesday 22nd
6:00pm – 10:00pm
BBQ “Lime”
Dennis Girley’s Home, West Moorings by the Sea

Call to confirm attendance: Walk with a folding chair, cooler, pre seasoned and foiled meat, chicken or fish and vegetables of your choice prepared for BBQ
Dennis Gurley
phone:868 682-3066
E-Mail Preferred
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside 631117 page 2
08GO0957REUNION2008, lots of unknowns
04LK0001PGI, Deacon Peter Gittens, St. Augustine Seminary, Hamilton Ontario
04BG1621BGO, Brian Goddard, Master swimmer




No comments:

Post a Comment