Saturday 21 April 2012

Circular No 546





Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 21 April 2012 No.546
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
The following ALUMNI have left the internet, we at the Circular are worried about their health, can you help to reinstate them so that they may get the newest issues.
84 Pow Martin
84 Pow Mervyn
80 Pow Norman
If you know them, please give me a line.
In keeping with the Circular´s equanimity and to keep a promise, an article by David Boehmler
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Dear Ladislao.
It has been some time since I wrote and asked you to post my letter in which I hoped to get some comments on the subject of religion, worship etc.
I certainly appreciate that you did put my comments on the MSB page.
I have to admit that I received very little response.
Faith and religion seems to be a subject that very few value.
With your help I would like to make another small effort.
Here it is......Many of us 'Mount boys' are now approaching our 'use by date' 'three score and ten', which would seem to be our allotted time for the pleasures of this Earth.
I wonder how we all feel about it.
Oddly enough, if this is how it is to be 'this short little life' gone by so quickly, I have some personal questions or thoughts on the subject.
First of all...... 'I am not quite ready to go yet'.
It feels as though so far, I haven't really accomplished very much at all.
There are so many things that I haven't even begun.
I love life now more than I ever have in the past so why would I want it to end now when it has hardly begun?
Three score and ten, just does not seem to make sense.
I have finally learned to weed out the small stuff, I feel ready to do something new, something worthwhile, something I have not had enough time for so far.
Yes, I am ready to begin a thousand things.
So what is with the three score and ten?.
I need as much again, and some.
And if Heaven awaits, well why am I not excited about that either, I don't think it is for me.
Why am I and everyone else that I know trying to postpone it as long as possible?
All that I know and love is right here on the Earth.
Yes I love the Earth and life on it, I have never known anything else.
I am even made of the same stuff.
So why just 70 years?
Why not one hundred and twenty years, or three hundred, or a thousand.
Better still why not 'forever'.
So here is a question.
What does the bible mean when it says 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you the only true God and the one you sent forth Jesus Christ' (John 17. 3).
And if we manage to attain such an awesome prospect, where is it to be.
If it is 'up there' (no disrespect intended) what does it mean when it says the meek will inherit the Earth and find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace? Psalm 37 10,11 or that the lame will climb up just as the stag does? or that 'the righteous will possess the Earth and reside forever upon it'? Psalms 37. 29.
I cannot think of a more worthwhile question to investigate, even all the different features of this question.
We at Mount St Benedict went to church more than most people, we were taught by priests.
We were taught that Jesus Christ was from heaven, a real person who died that those who put faith in him might attain everlasting life....
Was this the truth or was it all 'Hocus-pocus.
Would anyone like to discuss these things with me.
Is everlasting life possible, What happens at death? Why do we die?
Was three score and ten, the original purpose?
Where are the dead.
Whatever happened to Hell?
Did it exist in the first place, Where did those who were supposed be in it go when it ceased to exist?
Is Adam and Eve a fairy story, or did we originate from apes, what did Jesus believe on this subject?
I would be really happy to discuss any of these or any other questions on the subject of faith and the Bible.
Yours sincerely,
David de Boehmler.
For those wishing to discuss or share their views on the above subject please Email me at. <davedeboehmler@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:36 PM
Difficult Moment :
Seek God
Quiet Moment :
Worship God
Painful Moment :
Trust God
Every Moment :
Thank God
Whomever we percieve our God to be, He is bigger than any problem
Chandra R. Teelucksingh
Regional Trade Consultant
6 McSeveney Street, El Dorado,
Trinidad W I
Mobile 868 678 9936
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Happy Birthday to you my friend
Friday, April 20, 2012 1:45 PM
A Very Happy Birthday to you Ladislao.
God richest blessings to you my friend.
Wishing you all the best for the next year in your life, with your dear family and friends.
Continue to take care.......
Kazim
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:32 PM
Dear Ladislao,
I will do whatever I can to help: if my home were larger or better appointed you could have stayed with us: not now but hopefully next year.
Otherwise, I will help with your accommodation and transport, as best I can and I will see if I can get some money from the Old Boy's account.
Regards,
Joe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: ladislao kertesz kertesz12@yahoo.com
Received: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 9:01 AM
Dear Joe
I have plans to travel to Trinidad to meet Don Mitchell, during his visit there in May last we met was in over 35 years ago?? or more I have just returned from Europe and internal visits here in Venezuela as before,
I have problems with the lodgings, and am looking for a solution
The airline ticket is easy as it can be obtained in local currency.
I am in the process of contacting old boys and friends for help, do you have a magic solution, jajajajaj
This is a crazy situation but I am sure I shall find a solution.
Naturally as Don wrote, it would be nice to meet as many old boys as possible.
There is about a month´s time so maybe there could be a reunion?
I am taking with me a camping tent, just in case, jajajaja
God bless
ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:11 PM
Dear Ladislao,
I am available to treat you during the time that you are in Trinidad.
Please send me your schedule and let me know if there is any specific service that you want me to arrange for you.
Yours sincerely,
Joseph Berment-McDowald
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: Mt St Benedict Alumni website New Feature Article
FROM: A Mickiewicz
Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:10 PM
Hi Kazim........
Great work my brother.
It is always important to publicly recognize those individuals in our lives who personally contribute their time for the benefit of others.
These folks who you mention have a real passion for MSB and have demonstrated it in so many ways through decades.
Thank you for being one of these very special “old boys”.......
May God bless you and your much valued and appreciated work,
George
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:00 PM
Subject: Mt St Benedict Alumni website New Feature Article
The Mt. St. Benedict Alumni Website is starting a new segment featuring our Mount Boys.
This Project is on behalf of Ladislao Kertesz, Don Mitchell, Nigel Boos, and others like Jon Golding, Glen McCoy, and The Alumni Association Executive members, and in honor of their life's work, the continual work they do to keep our fraternity together.
This segment serves to share more about the Boys and add to the work that the newsletter does. We will be featuring other Mount Boys. If you would like a feature section on yourself, kindly send us details, photos, etc, to me at this email address. The feature sections will be archived so the website visitors will always have access to these articles.
Often times when we do honor our Boys is when it is too late. We are now showing our appreciation to your life's work. We are recognizing the contribution you have made in whatever fields you have pursued in life. And there are children of the Boys who are now learning of our fraternity. This feature section is being dedicated to our younger generation as we leave our unique legacy to this coming generation.
Again, this work is to support the tremendous work that Ladislao, Don, and Nigel does on behalf of us. We continue to appreciate all your sharing and look forward to serving you more going forward. On behalf of the team, Blessings to you and your families......Kazim
---------------------------------------------.
Our first feature in on Dave De Castro "The Bandit".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
Photos:
Mount Inside MARCH 1966 p17
081550REUNION2008, Three unknowns.
56LK0010NOTEBOOK, one of the many that we filled out.
65UN0001TEAMGUYANA, Football team with unknowns




No comments:

Post a Comment