Saturday 17 March 2012

Circular No 541






Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 17 of March 2012 No.541
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I would like to remind you that in May, God willing I shall be in Trinidad for a few days.
Please write me if it is possible for me to meet you, I have no schedule as yet.
I shall be having a get together with Don Mitchell and the Association Gang, only Kazim and Nigel will be missing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Brother Vincent is in Florida.
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:40:23 -0600
Salvador:
I would like to have Brother Vincent’s address as well.
On one of my trips to Florida, I would like very much to visit him.
Thanks,
Don G.
-----------------------------------------------------------.
From: salvador coscarart [mailto:coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 7:19 PM
To: Father Harold Imamshah
Dear Father Harold.
My name is Salvador Coscarart.
I live in Lafayette Louisiana USA.
I have met Brother Vincent in St Petersburg, Florida.
He invited my brother Pedro and I to his house where we had lunch and had a wonderful day.
He is a deacon in St. Petersburg and travels to Trinidad often to help with the dioceses in PORT OF SPAIN.
I can send you the phone number and his address once I get back home.
I am working in the Gulf of Mexico and have at least a few more days to complete the job am on.
My cell number is 337-412-8751.
While am offshore I keep my phone off .if you get on my Facebook you can see some photos of the abbey when I was there.
I was there from 1967 to 1974.
I get to visit with Donald Goddard once in a while.
Best wishes and many blessings.
Salvador
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:48:03 -0600
Fr. Vincent who left and ended up in Florida was not that much older than I was and therefore would have been about 59 by now.
So it's another Bro. Vincent.
humbly,
Fr. Harold
Servant of Mary for Jesus
--------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Don Goddard <dgodda1@lsu.edu> wrote:
The entire time we were at Mount (1953-1958), he was a Brother and not a priest.
If Brother Vincent was later ordained a priest, perhaps the person that went to St. Petersburg, Florida is the Brother Vincent I’m referring to.
Let’s see if Ladislao or Salvador can clear up the mystery.
Ladislao/Salvador:
Whatever happened to Brother Vincent?? Where did he go when he left Mount?
Don G.
(Good that you mention it, the Circular has no news on him, as he does not pay his 50 words dues, jajajaja, editor)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Father Harold Imamshah [mailto:frharold12@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 3:11 PM
Well, both descriptions and locations fit 2 different people.
The first- living in St. Petersburg, FL-
By the time I got to the Mount 1n 1976- there was a Trinidadian,
Fr. Vincent Merrique who had just become the Principal.
He left some time in the 1990's and married a Haitian woman in Florida and eventually died there.
As for the pigeon toed guy, Fr. Maurus Superville had been a dynamic Principal for a short while and went to work in a new monastery in Bartica in Guyana and left from there and later stayed in Guyana and got married there.
So who knows? It might be one of them, or maybe another Vincent.
humbly,
Fr. Harold
Servant of Mary for Jesus
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Don Goddard <dgodda1@lsu.edu> wrote:
Brother Vincent was the bursar and organized most of the sporting events.
He was a short, pigeon-toed, coloured man, originally from British Guiana.
I was told that some years ago he left Mount and went back to BG where he got married.
Don G.
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Don Goddard <dgodda1@lsu.edu> wrote:
Father Harold:
All my children and 90% of friends are on Facebook.
I prefer to stay off.
If someone wants to know about me, I just tell them to google “Donald A. Goddard”.
My shipwreck booklet is enjoyable to read, especially if you have insomnia.
Because you were a monk at Mount, perhaps you’ll want to get to know a few of the infamous “mount boys,” including my two brothers, I’ve copied here.
The only thing is that these guys are much older by about 10 to 15 years than you are.
The person I’ve been searching for and who was one of the most admired and respected persons at Mount during my time, was Brother Vincent.
The last I heard, he was living in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Don Mitchell maintains that very enjoyable Mount website.
I look forward to your visit to Baton Rouge.
All the best,
Don G.
------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Father Harold Imamshah [mailto:frharold12@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 11:35 AM
Thanks for the attached on Shipwrecks.
I have filed it and intend to read with interest.
Gracias, hasta la vista,
humbly,
Fr. Harold
Servant of Mary for Jesus
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM,
Father Harold Imamshah <frharold12@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Don,
Lloyd has written me and I have sent a friend request to both Lloyd and Salvador on Facebook.
Are you on Facebook?
Great meeting you brother,
God bless,
humbly,
Fr. Harold
Servant of Mary for Jesus
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM,
Don Goddard <dgodda1@lsu.edu> wrote:
Father Harold:
It was a pleasure having met you in Colfax last Saturday.
One day, when you come down this way, let me know and I’ll make you the most delicious callaloo you’ve ever tasted.
Next door in Lafayette lives another “mount boy” by the name of Salvador Coscarart.
Olga a mutual friend has his email address and will get it to me soon.
Salvador makes it a habit to travel to Trinidad often just to up and visit the School.
My brother Christian another “mount boy” lives in Oklahoma and gets down this way occasionally.
It would be nice to get together with both Salvador and Christian and reminisces about those old times at Mount St. Benedict.
Don G.
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Don Goddard [mailto:dgodda1@lsu.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 9:21 AM
Connie:
Here’s a copy of the shipwreck booklet I said I’d send you.
I don’t think that Lloyd and family have seen it.
Please feel free to pass it along.
I believe the first three chapters will bring back some wonderful memories for ya’ll.
Don G.
Donald A. Goddard
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
225.578.4538 (office)
225.975.0222 (cellular)
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM:Nigel Boos
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:08 AM
Joe,
Thank you for this update.
2 things:
1. Renny Villafana died July 28, 2010 (I notice you sent your note to him)
2. Would you please let me know whose email address is: qballfez@yahoo.com?
Thanks, and good luck in your new venture. I'll pass your note around these parts.
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2011-05-09, at 3:00 PM, Joseph Berment-McDowald wrote:
Dear Friend,
I am the host of the live call-in radio program Issues and Perspectives on Heritage Radio 101.7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays after the 4:00 p.m. news until 6:00 p.m. The program is intended to respond to contemporary events in a manner that speaks to the developmental challenges and opportunities for beneficial change that we have as a nation AS WELL AS to attempt to insert our caller’s ideas for improvement into the national agenda.
In general, I attempt to facilitate discussion and critical thinking that draws from business, economics and the other social sciences including the theory of organisations as tools in analysing our present circumstances and suggesting improvements, in the hope that the informed voices of the people will be heard by the politicians and policy makers. We give those of us whom love Trinidad and Tobago hope that we can play a useful role in driving our country forward, by providing the medium.
You can listen to us streaming live at heritageradiott.com and you are welcome to call us during the show at (868)6283896 and (868) 6284846. You are free to suggest a topic or unburden you pet peeve during our open segments. Well-polished rants that avoid profanity and slander are welcome, provided that they are no more than three minutes long. If you have something important to say, send me a note saying what you want to talk about and a brief one page biography so that I can discuss having you as our guest on the show with my producer. If you send me your cellular telephone number I will send you text reminders before the program starts.
Please do me the favour of sending this letter to those on your e-mail list.
Sincerely yours,
Joseph Berment-McDowald
mobile phone (868)678-8731
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside MARCH 1966 page 12
62UN001CLASS1965, no names, a lost class, jajajaj
12DG0264DGOGRP, Dinner with Fr. Harold
12DG0246CALLALOO, Made by Donald goddard








No comments:

Post a Comment