Saturday 14 January 2012

Circular No 532





Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 14 of January 2012. No.532

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

While you are reading this, it is easier if you read it with music.

"Curry Tabanca":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZJTy8jjEY4, By Robert Elias
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are interested in the following ALUMNI have left the internet and have lost contact, Are they all right?? Need at least a telephone number and whereabouts.

Azar Edmund 71
Azar Jeff
Azar Jimmy 68 Minister TT
Azar Joseph 55
Azar Michael Born in 1956 ¿??
Azar Michael Big Joe
Azar Robert 69

On to the letters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:52:19 +0000
 
Thank you Nigel,
I think this is something for Ladislao to put in the Circular, of another brother out there, later Glen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Subject: Hi Robert
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:16:46 -0400
 
Hi again, Robert,

I had a chance to listen to some of your work, and I enjoyed what I heard
Particularly:

"Curry Tabanca": Circular No.532
"Sailing": Circular No.533
"Jhadoo": Circular No.534
"Citizens": Circular No.537

Keep up your good work, Robert.
God bless.
Nigel

------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca>
Subject: Re: Hi Robert
Date: 24 October, 2011 5:12:21 PM EDT
 
Good for you, ol' man
Thanks for the reply.
Best wishes.
Nigel

-----------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2011-10-24, at 4:30 PM, robert elias wrote:
 
Hi Nigel,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes, I am on the internet.
Check U Tube and Soca Music, Calypso Music on the internet.
De Mighty Trini.

N.B. I do have a few International Hits. eg,-- "Curry Tabanca"
--"Sailing"-- and many more known hits.
I have been on the circuit for 27 years.
I have been to Calypso Fiesta ( National Semi Finals ) about 15 times and to the Finals "Dimanche Gras" once ( 1994).

--------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca> wrote:
 
Thanks, Robert.

I'll pass this along to Ladislao, as between us, we're trying to complete the MSB dataBase of information on all the Old Boys.

Can I access any of your songs on the internet?

Also, I don't know whether you know anything about David de Castro, another MSB REALLY Old Boy (Left in 1953).

Now, Dave is an ol(er) calypsonian, who was a major pioneer for the art form in Toronto.
He now lives in Palm Harbour, Florida and he maintains a close contact with the calypso world.
He goes by the sobriquet "The Calypso Bandit".
I'm going to send this info to him as well

Here's the link to Dave's music: http://www.myspace.com/calypsobandit/music/songs?filter=featured
Best wishes.
Nigel

-------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2011-10-24, at 8:52 AM, robert elias wrote:
 
Hello Nigel,
Nice hearing from you.
I am a bit busy this morning, however, I will keep in touch and update you on my career at a later date.

As for Neil and Noel Elias, we are not really related but are quite friendly as we all live in port-of-spain and they are all Trini's to d bone.
The e-mail address for Neil is : neil@dritestuff.com
The e-mail address for Noel is : normanindustries4@hotmail.com
As I said I will keep in touch and just for the record,
I started my Calypso career in 1984.
And, I am known as "De Mighty Trini", mostly called "TRINI" on the road, and I boast to be a "TRINI TO D GROIN".
Best Wishes,
Robert Elias,
De Mighty Trini ( to d groin ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM,
Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca> wrote:
 
Hi Robert,

Long time no see, no hear, no talk.

How are things with you, and what are you doing with yourself these days.
I've not seen you for 51 years, so it's about time, I guess, that I re-establish contact.
I see that you've been singing some kaisos, under the name of "D Mighty Trini".
I'd heard previously that the name was rather, "Mighty Whitey" but obviously, I was wrong.

I see that Ladislao is trying to connect with Neil and Noel Elias, and I'm wondering whether you can put us in touch with them, please?
I have no idea whether you 3 might be related, but if so, all the better.
It would be nice to get their email addresses, at least, if they don't mind sharing that info with the rest of us.

I've been away from TT since 1986, working in Scotland, Western Europe, West Africa and Canada, and am now "settled" in Ontario.
"Retired", but not really, and still working on a contract with Baker Hughes in the Alberta oil sands.
Life has been good, and I enjoy the occasional chats with some of the MSB Old Boys.

Why not drop me a line sometime, and give me some news about yourself.

Best wishes,
Nigel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Happy New year to you & yours// from a Gilwell Scouter.
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:53:55 +0000
 
Dear Michael, (Welcome Home, its been a long time,)
Thank you for this email, it’s always so good to hear from a brother, you are older than me, I am 55 yrs old. Born in 1956.
I use to hang with Tim Healy, you might remember his older brother, short foot.
They are Americans, who grew up in Suriname.
Yes I was in the Barbados Jamboree and the one in Suriname also, we were the Combo.
I played guitar, my brother Hudson played keyboards, and Wayne Hackett played drums.
We were the band after Raymond MacCathney, Francis on drums and bullet head on bass, Milton played drums sometimes also.
I can not remember the other names,
I was about 12 or 13 yrs, one of the young pups, ha! ha!
I remember you, I think you wore glasses right?
I think it may have been your last year in the jail ha! ha!
Tenya was prefect at the time.
Bobo was headmaster.
I think you and Puggy, Garth Copeland, Ian Gomes are from the same time right.
I played french cornet for a little bit in the scout band, my brother played drums, we played, when the Queen came to Trinidad, do you remember that?
After that we started the band.

Anyhow you must know the Moffie brothers, you must know Attila,
Well don't worry I am sending this email to a few of the guys, don't be surprise after this email, how much you will find out, ha! ha!.
Michael I hope you have photos, if you do please send them all to Ladislao or Nigel.
I remember Joe Azar, he was the great scout, I was just a young buck.
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada since 1976.
My phone number is 902-483-3889 or 902-471-5503.
A Gilwell Scouter, need to hear more about this, it’s above my level ha! ha!.
Cutty will be reading this now.
Thank you so much for making, contact.
Wishing you and yours all the best for the year, your brother from the Castle or Jail ha!ha!
Cheers mi amigo,
Later Glen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Happy New year to you & yours
From: mejazar@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 07:49:12 -0800
 
Hi Glen,
Have been receiving emails from you, but never remembered who you are?
I read an email that you were a drummer for the MSB boy-scouts, and that you were in Barbados Jamboree.
Interesting I was very much involved there.
Where are you?
Your tel. # or a skype #.
I reside in the USA.
I guess you knew that I was a Gilwell Scouter.
Hope to hear from you.
Big Joe
Michael E. J. Azar
Tel. # 503-449-2105
E-Mail mejazar@yahoo.com

-----------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: kazim abasali
Sunday, January 1, 2012 1:55 PM

 Hi Ladislao, Nigel and Don,

Blessings of Peace, Love, Joy, Prosperity and Harmony for the New Year 2012 to you my friends and your families.
Kindly extend this greeting to all the Old Boys and their families around the world for me please.
May this year renew our health and may we be richly blessed.
Ladislao thank you so very much for all you do my friend.
And Nigel and Don keep up the good work and the support you all give to the Old Boys and their families with Ladislao.
I so appreciate you.
A heartfelt thank you again and again.....
Kazim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
New Year Blessings to you and the boys and family
FROM: Don Mitchell CBE QC
Sunday, January 1, 2012 2:09 PM
 
Thank you for the good wishes, Kazim.
I hope that this will be a happy and prosperous year for you and yours.
Keep well.
Don

-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Tim Mew MHC
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:58 PM
 
Many thanks Nigel for the update and all the Very Best for a Truly Happy and Great 2012.
Your work and that of Ladislao is much appreciated on behalf of MSB old boys [and getting older every year!!].
Hope you both had a Merry Christmas and are well with family also.
Tim Mew

---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside MARCH 1966 page 3
61UN0001PICTURE, Listing of Movies shown at the school
65UN0001CLASS1967, lots of unknows
08RL0003RLEGRP, Raul Leoni, Rafael Echeverria, Attila Gyuris







No comments:

Post a Comment